Re: [stella] looking for a 6502 book

Subject: Re: [stella] looking for a 6502 book
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 06:04:56 -0700
Chris Pepin wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, nall wrote:
>

> > hello.
> >       i want to code a game for the 2600 and would like a good reference
> > on the 6502 and stella chips. does anyone have books they'd like to sell,
> > or pointers to good docs on the net?
> >
> > thanks a lot.
> > jonathan.
>
> I'm using the VIC-20 Programmers Reference Guide book.  Since the
> VIC-20 used a 6502 it has some info that might be useful.
> I picked the book up real cheap at a thrift store.

Yeah, there are quite a few good books on 8 bit computers that have some
good info on general 6502 techniques.  One that I think is especially
interesting is "Apple Graphics and Arcade Game Design".  It's got all
kinds of sophisticated source code demonstrating indirect/indexed table
lookups and junk like that ;)  In the credits to the book, the author
thanks Jim Nitchals for assistance.  Cool.

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/

--