Re: [stella] Invaders update! - inv-beta.bin

Subject: Re: [stella] Invaders update! - inv-beta.bin
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 21:30:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Erik Mooney wrote:
> I'd rather not.. the arcade had two pairs of identical rows, and it'd take
> a lot of work on the kernel to have more than three different shapes.  It's

In this case we're trying to add in visual variety to offset the low
resolution.  That's the main motivation.

> move in four-pixel increments, so I have them march in place to try and
> compensate.

Understood.

> shield scanlines) and using the missile would also be kinda difficult.

I still think missiles are your best bet.  There needs to be SOME kind of
explosion.

> They didn't try for arcade perfect, they tried for looks-good-on 2600.
> (still dunno why they didn't do four shields, though - coding that wasn't
> difficult at all)

Since there are fewer collumns of invaders, three shields is in perpotion
to that.

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/