[stella] 2600 emu for Amiga

Subject: [stella] 2600 emu for Amiga
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:51:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Piero Cavina wrote:
> Don't you have a 2600 emulator for the Amy? I've started programming for the

If he's using an A500 I doubt it would be fast enough to run one.  And
even if it's got an 040 in it the one 2600 emulator for the Amiga is buggy
and incomplete and really not well suited for the Amiga chipset.

I think the only way to run a 2600 emulator is to run one designed for the
MAC via ShapeShifter.  I don't know if Action Pack's MAC emulator is 68K
compatible or not, but the new one being written for the Supercharger CD
will be a FatBinary.  Unfortunately it's going to require 8-bit graphics
so it will need a gfx card or AGA (and AGA on SS is slow anyway).  Due to
copperlists it's certainly possible to get away with 16 or fewer colors
for a 2600 emulation but only if it's hand-optimized for ECS.

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/