Re: [stella] Another emulator... for C64?

Subject: Re: [stella] Another emulator... for C64?
From: Robin Harbron <macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 13:50:18 -0400
> I don't think the C64 could ever emulate a 2600.  The 2600 had 128 colors and the C64 only has 16.  You could try dithering to simulate the colors but that wouldn't look too good.

I did think about that... I think I'd just be trying to do a best fit
from
the 16 possible colours.  With more effort, flash colours (interlaced
colours,
alternating between two different colours on alternate frames) could be
used
to make an even closer match.  I tend to think of this as a cosmetic
problem,
but nothing that would stop it from working.

> Adam
> awhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Robin Harbron
macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx