Re: [stella] Cosmic Ark stars

Subject: Re: [stella] Cosmic Ark stars
From: kickass <kickass@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 17:51:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> On Tue, 6 May 1997, Dan Boris wrote:
> > This, to me, is one of the big mysterys of the 2600. None of the current
> > emulators (including my own) handle the stars correctly. I have looked
> > at the code and stil can't figure out how it is done. The starts are
> > definatly missiles, but on all the emulators they appear in a straight
> > vertical line. It must have something to do with the horizontal motion
> > registers.
>
> I'll have to ask Rob Fullop about this when I interview him.

Cool! I think Rob Fulop is probably one of the best coders of the 2600,
right up there with Neubar (if not better,) Fathom is just amazing.

I think he just asked stella REAL nicely, and she did it for him, (he
probably took her out to dinner, shagged her and all,) and after that
she'd probably do anything for him (which is probably why you can't see
it in the code.)

Zilla
KDK

--