Re: [stella] Cosmic Ark stars

Subject: Re: [stella] Cosmic Ark stars
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 14:51:22 +0200
>Using the information provided by Eckhard Stolberg I was able to get
>the stars to work for Cosmic Ark in my 2600 emulator.  At least I
>believe they are working, however, since I've never played Cosmic Ark
>on a real 2600 I'm not for sure :-)

You could try taking the movement and colour cycling out of my demo program
and run it on a Supercharger. The still starpattern seems to be the same,
no matter what values you put into HMM0. So I think it would be the same in
Cosmic Ark, too.

>One thing I noticed is that in the supercharger game Rabbit it looks
>like they are using a similar technique, however, it's not exactly like
>Cosmic Ark.  I believe the write to HMM0 is occuring a little later
>than 18 cycles maybe 21 cycles.

I don't know what game and effect you mean. My PAL version of Rabbit Transit
doesn't show any starfield, at least not in the early levels.

But in Cosmic Ark the 'STA HMM0' starts at cycle 18 and therfore ends at
cycle 21. Maybe you mean that?

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/