[stella] Atari Life

Subject: [stella] Atari Life
From: Frank Palazzolo <palazzol@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:36:34 -0400
I have been trying to think of a relatively simple game that I could write for
the 2600 (as my first 2600 project).  I think I'm going to go for the old "life"
game which has a simple premise and a nice hacker history behind it...  :)

As a recall, there was a Sears cart named "Chase" which must have used
playfield graphics to generate a lo-res pixel matrix.  I think I can do the
same and not run out of RAM (or have to resort to Supercharger RAM).

Anybody know if the cart image for this is available?  (I used to own it as a kid
but it's long gone).  I wanted to look at it for inspiration but I don't think it's scanned
in on the net.  Maybe it's still copyright protected..?

Thanks,
Frank Palazzolo

palazzol@xxxxxxx