Re: [stella] Minesweeper for 2600, please test

Subject: Re: [stella] Minesweeper for 2600, please test
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 14:03:34 +0100
>This is my first attempt at programming the 2600: Minesweeper.

A very good first attempt!

>This is not a final version, but it is complete enough for some compatibility
>tests. As I live in Germany, I can only test it with real PAL Atari's
>and NTSC Emulators.

With PCAtari the field is drawn too high and its upper border isn't visible
(both with PAL and NTSC); there's also a white space below the field. Try
checking the overscan time.

BTW... it would be interesting to investigate if a Minesweeper with a
playfield larger than 6x6 is possible on the 2600.

> - After Powerup you get always the same field.

Remember that the source for a 6502 random numbers generator was posted to
this list some time ago.

P.