RE: [stella] Minesweeper for 2600, please test

Subject: RE: [stella] Minesweeper for 2600, please test
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 15:52:20 -0500
>Reply to your message of 8/8/97 11:41 AM
>This is my first attempt at programming the 2600: Minesweeper.

Very nice, I do have one suggestion though, and it is something I did with Okie Dokie:  It seems as though your input routine (joystick movement) has a counter that checks how long the joystick has been pressed to create an auto repeat/delay function.  While this gives an acceptable input "feel", you need to go one step further.  The counter should be reset every time there is _NO_ movement.  That is, when the joystick is centered, the counter should be reset, and the movement executed immediately when the joystick leaves the center position, this way moving the joystick quickly 5 times to the left will move the cursor 5 times.

Keep up the good work!

				Later,
					Bob

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?