Re: [stella] Starter

Subject: Re: [stella] Starter
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 16:46:06 +0200
>I am interested in starting out in Stella programming, and where should I
>start?

You need to know 6502 assembler programming. So getting a book about that
would be a goog start.

Then you could read the 'Stella Programmer's Guide' from the net, to see
what the VCS can do and how it has to be done.

After that you could check out the 'How to draw a Playfield' sourcecode
somewhere in the archive. It it an easy example for how to get a stable
picture on the VCS, which is the hardest part.

>From there you could start to modify the sourcecode to become a simple game.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg