[stella] Status: RESCUE.BIN

Subject: [stella] Status: RESCUE.BIN
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 00:15:23 -0700
I'll stop posting periodic updates straight to the list, but I've made
some additions/changes and will try to keep the latest version posted on
my web page.  There's no hyperlink to it, but you can type the URL into
your web browser to start a download of the file.  The address is
http://www.crl.com/~mor/rescue.bin.  Have a look if you're interested.

This version not only descends, but returns to the mother ship...
There's a slightly new look, and I've taken some liberties with the
original gameplay.  Like allowing you full upward or downward control
(with the aid/hindrance of pseudo gravity) of your ship regardless of
whether you are in the descending or ascending phase of the level.  You
also will crash if you land at too high of a rate, or if you land on top
of the guys you're supposed to be saving.  I think I'll go with only
three guys to save per round, making up for the fewer flights by
bringing the men into the actual gameplay...  When returning, just try
to get close to the opening of the mothership, and if you get it right,
a tractor beam will suck you in the rest of the way--if you miss the
sweet spot, you crash.

I'd like to A) add more comments, and B) rework the kernel to support
missiles, before providing original source code.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong for the PAL guys yet, but I'll try and
work that out later.  It looks pretty decent on NTSC.

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/