Re: [stella] lots of things added to rescue.bin

Subject: Re: [stella] lots of things added to rescue.bin
From: "Matthew B. Vigor" <mumbv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 18:01:40 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Piero Cavina wrote:

> If we're talking about action games, I think player's control. It must be
> smooth and immediate to understand (thought not necessarily easy to master).
>
> If there's a thing that I really hate, it's that kind of platform games
> where you control a man, and when he jumps he does not follow the physics
> laws (i.e. gravity acceleration). Sadly, there are many games of this kind
> for the 2600.
>
> P.

I don't tend to agree with you.  Mountain King is a wonderful game and it
breaks both rules that you have set forth.  It is not easily playable
without the instructions and the little man will fall forever without
gaining any speed.  But it is just so much fun trying to beat the clock
while that excellent music is playing in the background.

+ Matthew B. Vigor       |  http://home.earthlink.net/~mumbv/index.html =
+ P.O. Box 6073          |     Best place to reach me: MB-Vigor@xxxxxxx =
+ Macomb, IL 61455-6073  |  Send a copy of this e-mail with snail-mail. =