[stella] Success!!!

Subject: [stella] Success!!!
From: Robin Harbron <robinh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 14:24:11 -0400
Glenn Saunders wrote:

> It could easily be something stupid like the audio levels.  The
> Supercharger is very picky about volume.

It may have been that, in part - I also changed the waveform
to a triangle, and found a new (to me) feature of the SID to
completely cut the output - which I did between resetting the
SID for each cycle - anyway, IT WORKS!  Amazing what a spare
20 minutes at lunch can do :)  Greg T. - you wouldn't believe
how happy I was to see Rescue come up on the screen :)

The object code is well under .5K, and it runs on an absolutely
stock 64 - just feed the audio from the C64 monitor cable into
a little cassette player/whatever that has an RCA input, and a
1/8" headphone jack out - plug the SC into that, and away it goes!

However, I'm only halfway home - but I think that was the hard
part.  The file I played out successfully was a -r (raw) output
from Bob's makewav program that I transferred over to the 64.
I'll have to make a program which will convert the object code
into the equivalent of the -r output - I don't think I can do
this on the fly, as there prolly wouldn't be enough cycles to 

It all seems fairly well documented, so it shouldn't take me
long - anyway, thanks for all the help, and keep the explanations
coming :)  Even tho I got this working, I don't necessarily
understand it all!


Archives updated once/day at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/
Unsubscribing and other info at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/stella.html

Current Thread