Re: [stella] If it's not one thing it's another.

Subject: Re: [stella] If it's not one thing it's another.
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 16:29:50 +0200
>>vertb	LDX  #$00	;vertical blank
>>	LDA  #$02
>>	STA  WSYNC
>>	STA  VSYNC
>>	STA  WSYNC
>>	STA  WSYNC      ;Didn't know I could do an HMOVE here, but I'm
>>	STA  HMOVE	;doing HMOVE here to avoid the black line on screen
>>	LDA  #$2C	;is this causing my problems? I dunno. But I don't
>
>Shouldn't be.  You can position and HMOVE your sprite anytime, and it
>will stay where it's put till you move it again.

Accessing the TIA during the three lines of Vsync seems to affect the
syncronisation. Currently my old PAL TV seems to be the only one on this
list, that gets confused by it, but you might want to change it anyway,
if you are going to release your program.

You don't need to do three lines of Wsync before the Vsync, though. One will
be enough. You could use the other two to do everything, that you are doing
currently in the third line of Vsync.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg