[stella] The art of optimizing...

Subject: [stella] The art of optimizing...
From: "Piero Cavina" <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 18:43:49 +0200
Piero Cavina wrote:

>_There_ _is_ _no_ _space_ _for_ _anything_ _anymore_ .
>Don't even say that, I've already done a lot of optimization.
>I'm saving 10 bytes or so to fix eventual bugs.
>
> *****************************
> *I can't add any new feature*

Really? Even if Jim Nitchals comes out with an optimized version for 80+
bytes? :-)
Yep, it happened, and it was a big shame for me (I told him he couldn't
have cut more that 20 bytes!) but then I could add some new nice features
(enemies carry away the stolen pearls, you can shoot them to rescue your
pearls, pearls that you can't rescue mutate into a new enemy type, plus a
new graphical effect... Eckhard, the story needs an update :-)
I will post this *@#!!?X* very-almost-semi final version tomorrow.

P.