RE: [stella] video memory

Subject: RE: [stella] video memory
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 08:20:59 -0500
>Reply to your message of 9/15/97 7:46 AM
>crackers@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I've been toying with the idea of using the ram in the supercharger as
>> video memory.
>
>Isn't this what Bob did with his Sketch program?  Bob - in
>general terms, how did you do that?

Yes, it's exactly what I did.  I used a large chunk of RAM as the video memory and the Kernel just goes down the screen and draws what is in RAM.  I was
able to add the ball graphic as the "cursor" but nothing else, there isn't a
whole lot of time.  I initially had intended to use the Kernel as a vector graphic engine, but came to the realization that there just wouldn't be enough time to draw lines, or a lot of them anyway - writing to the SC RAM is time consuming.

				Later,
					Bob

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?
Check out http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert