RE: R: [stella] ethics

Subject: RE: R: [stella] ethics
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 08:32:17 -0500
>Reply to your message of 9/15/97 7:46 AM
>
>On Sat, 13 Sep 1997, Piero Cavina wrote:
>> hmmm... couldn't a pirate could buy a copy, record/sample the audio signal
>> and turn this into a .bin again...?
>
>The only utility out there to do this is tape2bin

Don't be so sure :)  Remember, I reverse-engineered the Supercharger tapes.  (Even though this fact was doubted by some)  I digitized my Supercharger tapes and wrote a C program that converted the .wav data into binary data (6144 byte images).  I also wrote a program that just spit out a new .wav file from the digitized one, or basically I digitally mastered the tapes :)  I never released this program (and don't intend to) because there really is no practical use for it.

				Later,
					Bob

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?
Check out http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert