Re: [stella] Please consider this for Oystron

Subject: Re: [stella] Please consider this for Oystron
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:47:35 +0200
>>If you really wanted, you could remove the link between pearl and bomb
>>entirely and treat pearls you have on board after the boss wave as bonuses
>>(ala Defender) and have all bombs be generated via holding down the fire
>>button and waiting.
>
>this is a thing to consider... but I'm not sure that it would be a very
>good choice.
>The player could not concentrate on pearls anymore...

If you want to go this way, you could make the time, that someone has to
hold down the button, very long, like 10 seconds. For each collected
chrystal take one second off. That way people would still want to collect
pearls. But I don't think it would be as good as the current version.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg