Re: [stella] 2600 Digital Clock (Demo)

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 Digital Clock (Demo)
From: crackers@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 19:27:13 -0400 (EDT)
Well gang, something has just completely boggled my mind.
There's some sort of problem with this clock routine that I just
can't figure out.

Each minute takes one more second than the minute before it took and
I can't figure out why that is. Is it something in this decreasing clock
routine that causes this? Or something in another psrt of my programme?

	LDA  #$3C
	DEC  FRAMES
	BNE  joy
	;lda  #$3C
	STA  FRAMES
	DEC  SECS
	BNE  joy
	STA  SECS
	DEC  MINS
	BNE  joy
	STA  MINS
	LDA  #$18
	DEC  HOURS
	BNE  joy
	STA  HOURS

If I change the LDA to #$3B, then each minute takes one second less than
the minute before it.

I am utterly perplexed?

Hmmm.... could it have anything to do with the fact that the clock counting
routine is placed in the overscan and the clock sprite loading routine is
placed in the vertical blank?

                               CRACKERS
                     (Very confused from hell!!!!)
--

Accordionist - Wethifl Musician - Atari 2600 Collector | /\/\
*NEW CrAB URL* http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html ***| \^^/