Re: [stella] 2600 Digital Clock (Demo 2)

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 Digital Clock (Demo 2)
From: CRACKERS <crackers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 17:18:39 -0400 (EDT)

Well, after running the clock for awhile I noticed that it kept less than
accurate time. Infact, it lost a minute every hour.

I went nuts trying to figure out why that was, but then I realized that
the frames and seconds were counting from 60 to 0 which is actually 61
counts not 60. So each minute took 61 seconds instead of 60 and this
resulted in the loss of a minute everyhour.

This version of the digital clock counts from 59 to 0 so this timing
problem should be fixed and the clock should be accurate.

I have it roughly sycronized to the clock on the VCR that my 2600 is
currently hooked up to. I'll let it run for a day or so and see if the
numbers still match up.

It's amazing how the tiniest little things can throw such a big spanner
into the works.

                                   CRACKERS
                       (So far so good from hell!!!!!!!)