[stella] Multi game with collision detection! (multi050.bin) included

Subject: [stella] Multi game with collision detection! (multi050.bin) included
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 08:31:04 -0600
Well, here it is, my "multi" game with collision detection added.  I have played this and played this, and determined that I am satisified with the results.  The only place that the bounds test falls short is on the large X floating around, if you hit it in the middle of one of the sides, a collision occurs before your eyes say the missle hit the sprite.  This will be addressed by simply making the sprite have a fuller shape (as suggested in an earlier message by someone else).  The only "bug" I am aware of in this version that I am aware of at this time is  what happens if you hit a the first copy of a cloned object when it is on the far right side of the screen (and the other copies are wrapped), the object needs to be moved either 16 or 32 pixels right, but this causes it to be moved too far right and it goes into limbo for a bit.  Also, if you shoot at the wrapped objects (on the left side of the screen) there is no collision detection.  This can all be easily fixed by making sure that a cloned object doesn't "wrap". (Whew, I'm outta breath now).

Comments and suggestions (as always) are greatly apprectiated!

				Thanks,
					Bob

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?
Check out http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert