Re: [stella] INV21 comments

Subject: Re: [stella] INV21 comments
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 08:44:59 -0500 (EST)
> But wouldn't an explosion taller than the missile be more difficult do do?
> The changes I've done for this result have been very easy.

Uhmh... (yes I actually made a noise like that while thinking about what
to say about this :) )... Making the missile taller in any way would be
very difficult, especially during the invaders kernel.

> >one nitpicky thing I'm worried about is that I can't shoot until the
> >explosion is over.  is that accurate to the game?
>
> Probably it's not accurate, but it's the only choice, since we're doing two
> things with the same object..

The original had a forced delay between shots, which I approximated in
this version.  The best way to handle this might be to eliminate the
delay (yeah, that part is a big mess too :) ), but keep the explosion - as
soon as the explosion is done, let the player fire again.  And keep the
difficulty switch toggle between auto and manual fire if possible, cause I
like that :)