[stella] Supercharger RAM question

Subject: [stella] Supercharger RAM question
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 98 11:59:45 -0500
>The "killer dots" weren't that smart from what I remember.  They started
>with a random "slow move" direction, and a random "fire direction".
[snip]
>Should be easy to do by having an dx and dy for each
>killer dot, and checking the current x-y versus the player's x-y to see if
>it should fire, and then changing the dx or dy to something a LOT higher.

Yeah, I guess you're right.  I really wanted to dream up some sort of
algorithim that could make the two or three dots downright deadly at
higher levels, but maybe that's something not to worry about until I
dream up the SC version.

One SC question:  Is there any part of the SC that I need to worry about
that is _not_ RAM?  I'm not anywhere close to messing with the SC, but it
has in the past sounded like you could rewrite part of your scan line
routine (for example) during overscan with the SC.  That is just about
perfect for achieving special effects for this game.  I was thinking
about writing a program that actually had commands in the Atari's RAM,
just to see if that would work...  This is pretty much what writing code
for the SC would be like, correct?  (knowing, of course, that I'd have
TONS more RAM!)

Just trying to keep my excitement up so that I actually continue putting
time into a game ;) !

Ruffin Bailey