Re: [stella] [Stella] Help on emulators needed

Subject: Re: [stella] [Stella] Help on emulators needed
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 17:42:22 +0200
At 09:56 06.04.98 +0200, you wrote:
>Stella always tells me about some illegal operation the 6507 has
>encountered. I also disassembled a few BIN images of real 2600 carts and
>reassembled them with DASM, and they worked with Stella. Oystron also

This seems to be a bug in Stella. If a program contains long
parts with all the same byte, Stella assumes the program uses
a superchip. To fix this you could edit the STELLA.VCS file
and make an entry for every program to tell Stella, that
this program is in 2kb or 4kb format.

But I think using PCAE 2.0b would be a better choice, since
it also has a nice debugger. I don't remember the address of
the homepage, but I think Nick has a link to it on his Atari
programming pages at http://www.primenet.com/~nickb/atariprg.htm

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg