Re: [stella] Re: the big sprite

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: the big sprite
From: bwmott@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 10:22:17 -0400 (EDT)
> >There's also another issue we haven't touched - how do you do controls for
> >high punch, high kick, low punch, low kick, and block with only one
> >button?! :)
>
> If the 17 possibilities, that a one button joystick offers are
> not enough, we could use Budokan's control scheme. Moving the
> stick to any of the 9 possible positions would start some basic
> movements like stepping or bending to the sides or jumping etc.
> If you press the button during that movement and press the stick
> in a different position, some special attack would be startet.

How about using the Booster-Grip controller?  It has two more buttons
hooked to the paddle inputs.  The next release of Stella will support
this controller and PCAE already supports it I think.  I made some
tech notes describing how it works if anyone is interested...

Brad

Bradford W. Mott (bwmott@xxxxxxx)          Computer Science Department
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~bwmott/www           North Carolina State University