Re: Re: [stella] Megacart Specs

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] Megacart Specs
From: <kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:24:00 +0200
>> I don't suppose anything like a data sheet exists?  Even more unlikely that
>> you have a copy?  Well, we can hope can't we?
>
>I could ask David Crane about it.

Is it really that simple to ask him? I'm thinking of him like a
superstar like Michael Jackson, whom you would hardly be able to manage
to ask anything :-)

Since PCAE 2.0 supports Pitfall II, someone must already have figured
out how that chip works. Maybe looking into its source code would solve
the puzzle?

I've got the Pitfall II cart myself, and personally I think it's not
much above a normal 2600 game without chip. I wonder what it is (except,
of course, for the music) that couldn't have been done without the chip.
Alas, I can't replay it now, because the cart is broken. Does anybody
know if a Pitfall II cart can break simply by ageing - since its
circuitry is somewhat more complicated than a normal ROM cart?

Happy pitting
Kurt Woloch