Re: [stella] Latest version of my new game

Subject: Re: [stella] Latest version of my new game
From: <kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:11:03 +0200
On Fri, Apr. 10, Bob Colbert wrote:

>Here is the latest version of my new game, let me know what you think
>about it! (...)
> I'd love to hear some opinions regarding this game, ideas for
> improvements, gameplay, etc.

Well, it looks like a great improvement since the last version, which
looked very chaotic...
Here's my suggestions for the next version:
-There could be a score counter. Each type of enemy is awarded a
different score.
-Game is over when all six holes are filled.

There seems to be a little bug in it: When on one side all three holes
are filled with men, there still can land additional men. After having
landed successfully, they start running up and down without finding
another free hole. You should limit the number of men falling at one
side at a time to the number of holes left on that side.
Another idea would be that, like in Missile Command and Plaque Attack, a
man sitting in a hole is removed when you reach a definite score amount.
How about some physics? It's unrealistic that exploded planes and
helicopters simply disappear. They should all come down and hit
something. If they hit a man, well, fine... they could even kill him. If
they hit the cannon, it should be damaged a little. There could be two
ways the game would end: 1. by filling all holes with men, 2. if the
cannon has been damaged to a definite level. You could also let the
cannon change color each time it's damaged, to reflect its "health"
level.

Good luck and keep on programming,
Kurt Woloch

P.S.: Sorry for the last two messages. I realized now that they already
appeared on the list, just no one answered...