Re: [stella] Latest version of my new game

Subject: Re: [stella] Latest version of my new game
From: Bob Colbert <retroware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 08:10:02 -0500
At 12:11 PM 4/14/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Here's my suggestions for the next version:
>-There could be a score counter. Each type of enemy is awarded a
>different score.
Yep, haven't gotten around to that yet :)

>-Game is over when all six holes are filled.
>
>There seems to be a little bug in it: When on one side all three holes
>are filled with men, there still can land additional men. After having
>landed successfully, they start running up and down without finding
>another free hole.

Well, that's just because I haven't put the endgame sequence in yet.  What
is supposed to happen is that when the 4th man on either side lands, the
other 3 hop out of their holes and build a human pyramid, then the 4th guy
climbs them, jumps the wall and blows up the gun.  It will be in the next
version :)

>Another idea would be that, like in Missile Command and Plaque Attack, a
>man sitting in a hole is removed when you reach a definite score amount.
Well, right now you can remove the man by dropping another paratrooper on
him.  I agree that there should be other ways to remove the men, and I need
to look into that!

>How about some physics? It's unrealistic that exploded planes and
>helicopters simply disappear. They should all come down and hit
>something. If they hit a man, well, fine... they could even kill him. If
>they hit the cannon, it should be damaged a little.

Yes, you are correct.  I've planned on at least making the helicopter go
out of control if you hit the back of it.  I'm open for other suggestions too!

>There could be two
>ways the game would end: 1. by filling all holes with men, 2. if the
>cannon has been damaged to a definite level. You could also let the
>cannon change color each time it's damaged, to reflect its "health"
>level.

I like the cannon idea.

				Thanks,
					Bob