Re: [stella] Controller issues

Subject: Re: [stella] Controller issues
From: PatMan <dgeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 23:34:46 -0400
Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx> asks:
>I'm sorry if I missed it but how does the 7800 read that second
>button?

7800 controller buttons each send out two signals at the same time --
*BOTH* send out the signal for the 2600 button (so the controller can
be used to play 2600 games, with both buttons working as the single
2600 button), and also a second signal, each on one of two pins, so
a 7800 can tell the difference between left and right button.