Re: [stella] sexp8.bin Multi-Japanese Sprites.

Subject: Re: [stella] sexp8.bin Multi-Japanese Sprites.
From: CRACKERS <crackers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 11:53:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Erik Mooney wrote:

> I'd enjoy it a little bit more if I wasn't convinced it was saying
> something rude to or about me, in Japanese :)

Heheheheheheh!

> sta WSYNC           ;begin scanline
> ldx Player0Pos      ;+3  3
> lda HorzTable,X     ;+4  7
> sta HMP0            ;+3 10
> and #$0F            ;+2 12
> tax                 ;+2 14
> P0  dex                 ;+2 16
> bpl P0              ;when branch not taken: +2 (18 + x*5)
> sta RESP0           ;(21 + x*5)
> sta WSYNC
> sta HMOVE
>
> If you want a line-by-line breakdown and/or the HMOVE table, ask and ye
> shall receive.

HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI HAI

errr.. I mean

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

That would be great, thank you.

It was funny, but looking at this sprite demo of mine with the zipping
Kana gave me a number of ideas for games. For example, a random
pachinko game. The pin sprites zip about at various speeds until you press
the fire button and then yourplayfield is set. It could use P0 and P1
on the same scan line and even multiple copies on some lines, and the ball
could be the.... well the ball. You could use missle sprites to make the
holes, or playfield graphics.

                                CRACKERS
               (Or a really whacky Frogger game from hell!!)