Re: Re: [stella] Games that do bad things to HMOVE...

Subject: Re: Re: [stella] Games that do bad things to HMOVE...
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 17:13:14 +0200
At 08:00 27.04.98 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm guessing it's applied when HMOVE is hit, however, I see what
>you're getting at.  Right now I think I have the players turned off
>while I'm doing HMOVE.  I guess I should leave them on and see what
>happens :-)

I don't think the motion registers are set right at a HMOVE.
Remember the Cosmic Ark stars trick, where you had to write
a certain value to HMM0 and then change that value a certain
number of cycles after a HMOVE, to confuse the TIA. I think
you would have to do a lot more experimenting before you
find out how the TIA does the fine motion exactly. :-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg