[stella] Update to my game

Subject: [stella] Update to my game
From: Bob Colbert <retroware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 08:36:45 -0500
The latest update to my game is available on my homepage at
http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert.  It now sports scoring and an endgame
sequence.  The bombs now explode when they hit the gun. Nothing happens to
your gun yet when the bombs hit it.  That was much more time-consuming to
write than you would think.  If you think about it, when you have 3 copies
of a sprite, but only 2 of them hit the gun, the 3rd must continue falling
while have an explosion with double display, you get the idea.  I also fine
tuned the way paratroopers who have had their parachute shot fall and kill
other paratroopers.  Now if a paratrooper falls between 2 foxholes, it
doesn't kill anyone.  I also changed the height at which a paratrooper can
be hit before he falls and kills someone, I lowered the height.  There is
no AI built in yet, I'll tackle that soon, so there still is no level
design.  The level starts with 2 helicopters and everything is random from
that point on (not very random yet either :)  Yes, when you shoot you LOOSE
75 points, this is modeled after Sabotage and is true to the game (though
in Sabotage you lost 1 point - but you also get more points for items in my
game).  This is to deter you from just blasting away if you want a high
score.  I haven't tackled using paddles yet, but my initial thoughts are
that I don't have enough cycles left - though I have a wicked idea to try :^0

Try it out on PCAE 2.0 or a real 2600, let me know your high score!!!!  I
think I had like 12000 once, but didn't really try really hard to get a
high score, so it will be interesting.  Actually, there is a fairly easy
way that you could play a loooong time without dying right now - let's see
if anyone figures it out :)

				have fun,
						Bob

P.S. constructive critisism is not just welcomed but WANTED!