RE: [stella] Formats (64K Flat Model??)

Subject: RE: [stella] Formats (64K Flat Model??)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <dankna@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 13:18:41 -0400 (EDT)
> over-engineer than not!  ;)  Not to mention all the timing issues than
> can be circumvented by having creative branching in your now very long
> display drawing kernal.

  Granted, I spoke in haste and error.

> And I will have to respectfully disagree with your assertion than this
> mythical 1 meg cart (by 1 meg, I merely meant to symbolize "much bigger
> than we anticipate needing") would kill the nostalgia.  If it's got two
> sprites, reflected/mirrored playfields, whatever groovy sound chip is in
> there, and a 6507 to run the whole shibang (leaving the display sync to
> the software), it's going to walk, talk, and look like a duck, er,
> 2600!!!

  A walking 2600 I'd like to see...

  Which leaves the question of how.  I'm thinking an 8-bit register with parts
used as the high address bits, itself mapped to the top of all banks.  This
has the advantage of making it possible to add RAM bit-by-bit.  I'm still
new to this; I'll look up chip #s when I get home.

___Dan_Knapp____The_Mauve_Baron______________________Beep Blip Bonk_______
<dankna@xxxxxxxxxx><dankna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://users.bergen.org/~dankna
rec.games.video.classic, NES, Atari 2600, C64, Mac yes Mac
Murphy was a pessimist.