Re: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"

Subject: Re: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 18:39:36 -0700 (MST)
> I must say, this assembler (DASM V2.02) is pathetic.  Surely this isn't what
> everyone is using?  Any better ones in use for PC environment?  One thing I
> haven't figured yet is a neat variable declaration.
>
> I'm going...
>
> vara equ $80
> varb equ vara + 1        ; assuming size of vara = 1, this is two long
> varc equ varb + 2        ; size 2, but THIS one is 5 bytes.
>
> Thats horrible.
> I used to use something simple like...
>
>     org $80
> vara    ds 1
> varb    ds 2
> varc    ds 5

Well, certainly that's possible I suppose, using .byte directives, but
the problem with that is that for the 2600 you need to create 4096-byte
files and that method would create extraneous bytes.

Perhaps a Stella-specific DASM should be compiled.  And it should also
be of DASM 2.12, since I know it exists, if only for the Amiga...