Re: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"

Subject: Re: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"
From: Bob Colbert <retroware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 12:37:42 -0500
At 04:47 PM 5/11/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Actually it is possible with DASM. You need to use the SEG
>pseudoopcode like

Eckhard to the rescue!!!!  I'm gonna change my code tonight to use this.
I used the same method that Andrew did, and it is quite ugly to look at.

>     SEG.U variables ;this segment won't produce output
>     ORG $80
>vara ds 1
>varb ds 2
>varc ds 5
>
>     SEG code        ;this segment will get into the bin file
>     ORG $F000
>etc.
>
>You can use the SEG command to have different banks with the same
>origin too. That is helpfull for writing bankswitched programs.

Hmmm, now I didn't know that either.  That should also make my code easier
to read.  Right now I'm using an ORG along with a RORG for my SC banks in
the multi game.

>A PC version of DASM 2.12-04 exist. It can be found in the
>C64 devellopment directories of ftp.funet.fi . I have posted
>the exact URL the the list some time ago and can do again,
>if you can't find it on your own.

I have compiled DASM 2.12 using MSVC++ 5.0, but it would only produce a
32-bit version (i.e. you can only run it in a DOS window, but not in native
DOS mode).  I compiled it using the /G3 flag (for 386 processors), but haven't
tried it yet in native DOS mode.  I'll try it tonight and let you know.  Oh,
and I'll add that extra scanline too :)

				Later,
					Bob