[stella] Re: playfield on-the-fly updates (Pacman)

Subject: [stella] Re: playfield on-the-fly updates (Pacman)
From: <kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 10:36:10 +0200
On Thu May 14 17:15:35 1998, A. Davie wrote:

>>Was Super Pacman an official clone of the Arcade Super Pac-Man?
>
>Yes.  I can't remember for sure - possibly Mindscape released it.  It was a
>long time ago.  I doubt you could still find it.  I recall that Jr. was
>scrolling, but this is very vague.   Must be 12 years since I saw a copy - a
>lot of water under the bridge since then.  I think copyright issues are very
>valid, and wouldn't give yourself a hope in hell of releasing a commercial
>pacman variant without being sued.

I meant the copyright issues about that particular C-64 version /
versions.

>I have a Creativision pacman clone where you go around the maze putting IN
>the dots.  It's as bad as it sounds... no, worse :)

Creativision! I almost forgot this console. I think it's mentioned
nowhere on the classic videogames page. I suppose it had the same TI
videochip as the TI, MSX and Colecovision systems (?!). I'll have to
make a search for it on the Internet...
In fact, Munch Man on the TI also has the objective to PUT TOGETHER
chains, instead of eating dots - except for one round where the maze
gets invisible and you have to eat TI signs. Sorry, I forgot to look at
the copyright there.
Did you have a look at Alien yet ... or could nobody find that? I'd like
to hear some comments about that Pac-Man clone... it seems not to use
playfield graphics for the dots, but missiles, ball or whatever else
there is.

With love (and many chains to connect)
Kurt Woloch