Re: [stella] Re: playfield on-the-fly updates (Pacman)

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: playfield on-the-fly updates (Pacman)
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 13:28:42 -0700 (MST)
> Yes.  I can't remember for sure - possibly Mindscape released it.  It was a
> long time ago.  I doubt you could still find it.  I recall that Jr. was
> scrolling, but this is very vague.   Must be 12 years since I saw a copy - a
> lot of water under the bridge since then.  I think copyright issues are very
> valid, and wouldn't give yourself a hope in hell of releasing a commercial
> pacman variant without being sued.

POerhaps.  But if it's one of those games that's available on the Net
and on a cartridge as well, you can make it shareware.  Kurt Dekker got
away with a lot of arcade ports this way, and I'm sure he's not the
only one.  The registered version comes on a cartridge in this case;
that's the only difference.