[stella] Bat demo (was reset vectors)

Subject: [stella] Bat demo (was reset vectors)
From: Chris Wilkson <cwilkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 11:22:49 -0700 (PDT)
No, no, no...this was Nick's *original* "how to draw a playfield" demo.
I added color cycling, just playing with it, but it was never meant
to turn into a game.  The reason I sent this to the list was that I knew
it worked on Stella0.7 and it was the only .bin I had at work.  Sorry if
this caused any confusion. :)

> OK, I tried your bat demo now... I still wonder why you sent three
> files: an empty text file, a 4128-byte BIN and a 4096-byte BIN...

Well, my machine at work is an NT machine, and is far from net friendly.
Too much firewall crap gets in the way when trying to send stuff out.
I should've just used my UNIX box in the first place.  Now there's a *real*
machine!  The empty text file was suggested by a coworker as a hack to
mail out a binary through th firewall.  There is nothing wrong with doing
it...the firewall's just overly paranoid...I guess.  I dunno though, cause
these things always seem to work fine from my normal machine.  And it's the
same firewall!  ???  Anyway, "bat_demo.bin" was just what the name implied.
"test.uu" was a uuencoded version of the same file.  Just incase the binary
didn't go through.  But I don't know why it would have decoded into 4128
bytes.  Seems to work on my end.  Weird.

But now that you mention it, I can see the bat as a mothership.  Sorta like
Phoenix or 1942 or something.  But I think I'll just leave it as a demo.  :)

Take care!
-Chris