Re: [stella] PUSH playable demo #1

Subject: Re: [stella] PUSH playable demo #1
From: <kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 10:26:28 +0200
A. Davie wrote:

>OK, here it is. #1 demo of a single screen showing the basic gameplay.

Ah, that looks better. See, as soon as there's some gameplay, it's
better than the bat demo... :-) Sorry, Chris (this time...).
Still, the colors look ugly on PAL. You should better turn the player
into a sprite (on the screen, that is), and the now flashing goal
squares into solid ones.
If the boxes become unmovable when in the goal squares, you could
display them in the wall color.

To admit it, looking at the title of the demo, and the playfield you
displayed in earlier demos, I guessed it would become some sort of
Sokoban port. I guessed it right... :-)

>Anybody actually have fun trying to solve this simple single screen?  It IS
>do-able, by the way - I just did it :)   In the future, of course, comes
>sprite usage - I have a fair bit of kernel time available, as the ONLY
>kernal usage at the moment is the playfield rewrite to achieve the full
>screen non-reflected PF.  I expect you will become a sprite, and who knows..
>maybe a 2 player version.

WHAT? You expect us all to become sprites??? I don't want to be turned
into a sprite! I want to stay a 2600 programmer! Maybe someone will
drink me if I stand around in a Sprite can! (like Odo, who doesn't want
to become some certain things...)
(I don't want to become a 2 player version, either...)  :-)

With love (and the hope seeing future Push versions before they turn me
into a sprite...)
Kurt Woloch