Re: [stella] Re: playfield on-the-fly updates (Pac

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: playfield on-the-fly updates (Pac
From: <kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:28:21 +0200
At Mon May 18 14:48:30 1998, Christopher Salomon wrote:

><< I've also got a german PC port shareware program called Pacman. I'm sure
> this one isn't licenced, still the creator of this doesn't seem to have
> been sued yet, though the program is out for 5 years now.
>
> And Eckhard Stolberg:
>>>

>Could that be my Pacman?
>
>If so... I never heard of anyone complaining about copyrights!
>
>Chris

Oops, now you've got me. I didn't realize you're on Stellalist too,
since you don't seem to post very often.
Yes, I did mean this one. For all of you interested in it: you can find
it at:

http://www.poli.studenti.to.it/mirror/chris/own_pac.htm

(An italian server?!)

- since Chris himself didn't mention it. Congratulations to his
programming effort!
In fact, it's not a port, but a great improvement... but still retaining
its 'classic' character. It even runs reasonably on a 386 (other than
the 2600 emulators). It's got many different mazes, one of them very
similar to the one of the original 2600 Pac-Man.

<humour level 2>
Mentioning that, just check out the samples he used!
</humour level 2> <humour level 1>
Maybe Andrew wants to put some of this improvements (for instance,
different kinds of "Extras") into a new 2600 version - if it ever comes
out? -
</humour level 1> <humour level 3>
But don't take the sounds as they are, otherwise we end up with another
Pac Man sounding the same as the original one! You can try to adapt the
"Greensleeves" music, but maybe with a correct pitch in the refrain?!
</humour level 3>

With love (and many, many dots to eat...)

Kurt Wolch