Re: [stella] It's done! It's done! It's finally done!

Subject: Re: [stella] It's done! It's done! It's finally done!
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 98 10:09:13 -0000
>Wow I can't believe I had this many days in a row with an hour or so of
>free time to work on finishing the clock. Wouldn't it be great to be a
>programmer back in the 2600's golden years? Imagine being paid to do this
>and having at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week to work on programs
>straight. No having to shelve it until you find time then forgetting
>just what the heck it was you were doing. Imagin the games some of us
>could put out with that kind of time!!!

Recently found buried with thousands of ET carts somewhere in the Arizona
desert...

"Wow, I can't believe I had this many days in a row with an hour or so of
free time to work on something other than finishing this danged game!
Wouldn't it be great to be a programmer in about twenty years?  Imagine
having computers that could _emulate_ the hardware I have to fight with
all day so that I don't have to burn an EPROM every time I want to test
my software.  Imagine being able to write a great game in your free time
and have 5 days a week to find a more appealing and less stressful job!
Imagine being able to send code for revision and optimization to scores
of programmers in every country of the world... IN SECONDS!!!  No
burn-out from having to continuously invent brand new code.  No worries
about whether the new code will have some silly mistake that screws up
the screen's timing...  Heck, I could forget what I was doing and come
back to it months later!  Wow, imagine the games that some of us could
put out in just our spare time!

A Frazzled Atari Employee from the 80's"

Ruffin Bailey           |  Write Atari 2600 games on your Mac!
rufbo at bellsouth.net  |  http://members.aol.com/~mactari