Re: [stella] video music

Subject: Re: [stella] video music
From: bwmott@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:36:57 -0500 (EST)
> Please look for it, it sound interesting.
> If it's really so simple, then building an "audio to 2600 adapter cable"
> shouldn't take more time than the average home brew cart. If we'll write a
> 2600 vido music program based on that interface, then maybe Randy will be
> able to sell a cart+cable package at a reasonable price. Sounds like a nice
> idea to me.
>
> Also, I have an Atari graphics tablet for the Atari 8-bit computers, do you
> think it's possible to use it with the 2600?

I'm pretty sure you can.  As I remember you just use the paddle inputs
to read the x,y value off the tablet.  There was an article in Analog
many years ago that discussed it I believe by Tom Hudson.

As I recall you have to read the values several times and take the
average of the values to get a stable result.

Brad

Bradford W. Mott (bwmott@xxxxxxx)          Computer Science Department
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~bwmott/www           North Carolina State University