Re: [stella] video music

Subject: Re: [stella] video music
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 09:05:30 +0100
At 11.15 26/10/98 -0600, Timm Carr wrote:

>that's exactly what i was hoping would happen either a cable cart package or
>many audio carts with a seperate interface that works with all, if you guys
>can help wit hthe interface and the audio to signal code, i think that me
>and my rpogramer can write a cart that will work

But if we'll be able to sample a sound in real-time with the 2600, what
shall we do with it? Now, I think that a beautiful "atari video music"-like
display should be based on the frequencies of the sound that is being
played. Does this mean.. real-time Fast Fourier Transform on the 2600? :-)
Or is there something much simpler that can be done with sample data, to
generate beautiful graphics?

Ciao,
 P.