Re: [stella] Grid demo

Subject: Re: [stella] Grid demo
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:54:35 +0100
At 18:40 27.10.98 -0800, you wrote:

>Wow! This is a very cool demo!  So you've managed to fill the entire
>screen with player graphics?  Or are we seeing other objects as well?

Well, you are seeing the background too. :-)
The demo displays 18 sprites with a one pixel gap between each
of them. The first pixel of the first sprite is displayed at
screen position one. The last pixel of the last sprite is also
displayed at screen position one. The other sprites are spreaded
out evenly between them.

To achieve this you only have to do STA RESP0/STA RESP1 eight
times with the first STA ending at cycle 27. That will position
the sprites so that the last two copies of both players will
overlap into the next scanline, where they can be hit by the
initializing accesses to RESPx in a way, that allows this nice
pattern.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg