Re: [stella] Grid demo

Subject: Re: [stella] Grid demo
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 18:50:23 +0100
At 11:49 30.10.98 -0800, you wrote:

>Can you post a simple example of it?  When I look at something like
>extra18 I see so many sprites that I get confused.  Sorry if I'm so
>slow...

The same thing must have happened to me. :-)

I got a bit confused with all the sprite, pixel and cycle counting
and started expecting sprites, where they shouldn't be.

The sprite offset is always five pixels.

I also have to revise my three sprite theory a bit. As you mentioned,
hitting RESPx for all possible copies is a narrow target. That seems
to be true for all values of NUSIZx. Only rehits at cycles 6, 11 and
22 get you all sprite copies and only, if they hit a sprite to be
displayed.

Sprites, that are trailing on the left border are a bit different,
though. I think the rule here is to rehit RESPx anytime before the
last copy of the set has been started to display. Then you'll get
all copies too. But I'm not completely sure about this.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg