[stella] Beat em up 08

Subject: [stella] Beat em up 08
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 98 23:11:14 -0500
>You can now step forward and
>backward, turn around and punch high straight and low in the direction
>you are facing. I haven't come up with a good way of collision
>detection yet, so hitting the other player won't have any effect on him.
>I also added support for y-coordinates, but don't use it in this version.

Eckhard, this is awesome!  The flicker is a little aggravating of course,
but now that I know a little about the internals of the Atari, I know
this is one heck of a doing!

Comments...  Holding the stick in one direction in MacStella doesn't move
the fellow continuously.  That would be a nice feature so that I don't
have to "track and field" my way over to the opponent.  And is there
going to be a jump (since you mentioned y-coords)?  I've only looked at
it for a few seconds, and would be interested to know where you're going
with this game before I commented too much on things you're probably
already putting in.

Very impressive.  I'll have to send you the signed picture of the Pac-Man
collection!

Ruffin Bailey           |  Write Atari 2600 games on your Mac!
rufbo at bellsouth.net  |  http://members.aol.com/~mactari