RE: [stella] Beat em up 08

Subject: RE: [stella] Beat em up 08
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:02:34 +1100
> Obviously, you can't use the hardware collision registers, but it doesn't
> seem all that difficult.. At it's simplest, it'd just be a check to see if
> the "hot-spot" for the punching player's fist is within a rectangular area
> that the other player is in.

Having "been there, done that" myself, I would recommend a linked-list of
rectangular areas, each identified with a "type", so that you can detect
hits to legs, head, etc., and vary the outcome accordingly.  Furthermore,
you might think that you can do it all by hand as there won't be many - but
experience tells me that you would be better writing a simple editor, first,
to allow you to edit and change this data efficiently.

Cheers

Andrew Davie
visit my "Museum of Soviet Calculators"
http://www.comcen.com.au/~adavie/slide/calculator/soviet.html