Re: [stella] Supercharger CD

Subject: Re: [stella] Supercharger CD
From: Chrissalo@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 06:25:11 EST
<< >So does it record the user's controller state or does it create something
 >like an AVI file?

 It records the user's controller state. The files it produces aren't very
big.

 >  If it records controller state how does it work with
 >games that contain random elements?

 Well, I think that there isn't anything really random in an emulator. It's
 a deterministic system, the  random number generators are based on a seed
 that is always the same when you boot the emulator.

In a game I did  at some stage, I also did a state recording... but I included
recording random values as well as  player inputs...

Chris