Re: [stella] Poll: Developer Wishlist

Subject: Re: [stella] Poll: Developer Wishlist
From: Paul Hart <hart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:50:56 -0700 (MST)
On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> It might be cool to port things like DASM or Makewav to Java, in which case
> all platforms with a VM could use them.

Why?  As is, all platforms with a C compiler (incidentally, many more than
those with a Java VM) can use them.  Personally, having something written
in Java is more of a disincentive (to me) to use it because Java programs
require a bloated (and buggy!) virtual machine to run them.

Paul Hart

--
Paul Robert Hart        ><8>  ><8>  ><8>        Verio Web Hosting, Inc.
hart@xxxxxxxxxxx        ><8>  ><8>  ><8>        http://www.iserver.com/