Re: [stella] John Dullea's email address?

Subject: Re: [stella] John Dullea's email address?
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:44:00 -0800
From: Paul Hart <hart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, February 26, 1999 12:29 PM

>Aside from all the assembly code, porting it may be further complicated
by
>all the Pascal code in there, too.  Some of it may use Borland-specific
>extensions that may not be supported elsewhere.

Exactly.  The assembly code is Borland specific inline assembly code.
And not a macro in sight.  I spent a couple of days looking at his CPU.
There's maybe 20K lines of code, apparently hand written.  Amazing
stuff.  Maybe he generated it somehow, but that's a lot of assembly code
to port by hand.  I think even Brad uses some macros in his C++ cpu.
It's definitely an easier way to go.

But I couldn't understand a lick of his TIA engine...  Too hard for me.

John